Role of QA in Software Development
December 25, 2012
Nowadays, in order to present high quality software that will meet users and customers demands, it is necessary to pay special attention to the quality assurance techniques. That is why Soft Industry company considers software quality assurance (QA) as an integral part of the development process.
QA helps to provide easy-to-use solutions following generally accepted software quality standards:
- functionality – the capacity to perform all declared operations and processes;
- reliability – lack of errors and failures;
- usability – simplicity, accessibility and ease of use ;
- efficiency – time behavior, speed response to the processes with different hardware configurations;
- maintainability – ability to analyze and make changes to a software product during the operational phase;
- portability – stable work of all declared software configurations.
Agile project management model provides easy quality control integration into the development process. Thus, making functional descriptions, test units, test plans and bug reports became an essential part of our work.
During the iterative development, regression testing is very important. It is a method of constant and integral control over implemented functionality work after each upgrade and improvement. Error diagnostics at the early stage can reduce time for debugging and allows to correct development schedules and make predictions about deadlines.
Experience shows that refusing QA causes extra costs and delays when the product is almost ready. The use of software to perform or support test activities can considerably minimize expenses and save time both for regression testing and testing in general.
To control the software quality Soft Industry company offers the following kinds of QA:
- functional testing — is aimed to validate whether the implemented software functionality conforms to its specifications, approved in additional technical documentation at the very beginning of the project development;
- non-functional testing – is conducted for checking the ability to work under heavy conditions, performance and response time for user’s action or other request estimation, capability to work with all the declared software and hardware configurations environment, reliability and safety.
Our company, guided by successful experience of different projects implementation follows the rule: only well-timed and regular quality assurance helps to develop a software that meets clients’ requirements, deadlines and budget constraints.